It can get exhausting to search for a specific word on a web page, especially when you have no intention of reading the entire write up. What most people do not realize is, how easy it is to search for exact words and phrases on a page. If only you had known earlier, it could have saved you all that time and effort you wasted in your earlier searches. Well not to worry, all you need is a few key commands in order to get this simple job done!
- Highlight: The Google search engine has a support tool bar that gives you the ‘highlight’ option. Just click on the button and it will highlight all matching results for you. However, these options differ for Firefox and Internet Explorer.
For Internet Explorer: The first step is to click on the ‘wrench icon’ on the toolbar. Thereafter, go to the Tools tab, and either select or deselect the ‘Highlight’ check box. The final step is to click on the ‘Save’ button.
For Mozilla Firefox, the first step is to go to the Toolbar’s ‘wrench option’. Then go to the ‘Search’ tab, there you may either select or deselect the ‘Highlight’ option on the check box. Lastly click on the ‘Save’ option.
- Word Find: Google also has the ‘Find word option’ wherein whichever word you type in the search box appears in the tool bar.
- The second method on how to search for a word on a website, is rather simpler. While using Firefox in order to search for the word you’re looking for on the web page, you need to press CTRL+F on your keyboard.
- Thereafter, a small box will open on the bottom corner of your screen. Now, type the word or phrase you want highlighted throughout the web page. If the word exists on the web page, then that word will automatically get highlighted for you.
- The highlights will occur as many times as the words repeat themselves on the page.
- Thereby making it easier for you to just concentrate on specific lines or paragraphs.
- For example, if the word you’re looking for is ‘health insurance plan’, press CLTR+F to open the search box. Then just type the phrase in the search box and all the sentences that include ‘health insurance plan’ will get highlighted for you.
- If you are using Google Chrome then the search box will appear on the top corner of your web page once you type the CLTR+F command on your keyboard.
- You can search for as many words and phrases on any web page through this method.
If suppose the search box at the corner of your web page does not open, you have another choice which will activate the search box and help you search for the word you’re looking for.
- Firstly you will need to go to the Edit tab on your toolbar.
- Now click on the Find option.
- Once you do that, the search box will open for you and you can type in the word or phrase you are searching for. If the word does not exist then Phrase not found will appear.
Using the aforementioned methods will make it faster for you to search for specific key words and make your research work faster and far more efficient.